O’Maras COVID-19 response
15 March 2020
In response to the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19 (CV) a public health emergency, O'Maras has implemented a number of actions to help protect the health and wellbeing of our team, clients and contacts, in line with guidelines consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT).
We recognise that our clients will be seeking Value Preservation during this unprecedented interruption. In assisting our clients at this time, O'Maras will also focus on Risk Minimisation in all of our interactions.
O'Maras will continue operations but will adhere to the "social distancing" protocols as they are at a given point in time:
- We can value assets anywhere in Australia by undertaking inspections of assets and via phone, videoconferencing, face-time, photos, etc (on a case-by-case basis);
- We can realise assets through online platform without bringing new people to the site by utilising client staff, employees, directors; and,
- We can provide immediate buy-out solutions to assist businesses with cashflow constraints.
It is important that our clients comply with protocols when we are interacting with them to assist in preventing the spread of CV. Indeed, we believe our clients will be comforted by knowing we have these protocols in place. Therefore, in advance of any meetings to be held either at our office or before we attend another premises, we will inform our clients that we are taking the risk of the spread of CV very seriously and in that light would appreciate a response to the following:
- Have you travelled overseas within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with CV, are self-isolating or suffering from any flu-like symptoms?
If so, alternative arrangements will be made such as a phone call or videoconferencing (as opposed to in person).
Outlined below are a number of safety measures which we encourage everyone to follow:
- If you exhibit flu-like symptoms (particularly fever) please do not come into work. Either take sick leave or work from home and seek medical advice.
- If you are feeling unwell whilst at work, please advise and return home immediately to seek medical advice.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing and dispose of tissues immediately after use.
- Refrain from touching your face (mouth, nose and eyes).
- Wash hands with soap or alcohol-based sanitiser regularly. Extra hand sanitisers have been distributed around our offices (with more on order).